Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2012

DIY Hand Chain

I found this pretty awesome pearl chain at Walmart for about 3$ and decided to make something a little different, so I opted for a hand chain! Super simple DIY & I think they would make a cute quick gift. Keep reading to find out how to make it!


BTW: Excuse the ratchet exposure of my pictures, my apartment has the most AWFUL lighting!



 What you'll need:

  • A chain of some sort
  • A clasp
  • Jump rings
  • Jewelry pliers
I got all of my supplies from Walmart


1. Add a clasp to the end of your chain
2. Wrap the chain around your wrist to get a good fit for the bracelet part
3. Take the chain apart where you need to. (For my chain, I could unbend the loops. If you have another type of chain, you will have to snip/break it instead and add a jump ring anytime you want to reconnect it. No biggie.)
4. Add a jump ring to the end
Bracelet part is done!

5. Measure the length of chain that will rest on your hand. I indicated with the pliers where I disconnected my chain.
6. Wrap the chain around your middle finger to measure out the ring part
7. Break the chain & make sure this is a good fit for your hand
8. Connect the 2 ends of the ring and the end of chain for your hand to a jump ring

Et Voila! A cool accessory that's so hard to find, yet so easy to make. And probably for much less money than you would pay otherwise!





No comments:

Post a Comment